First Posted: 9/19/2012 8:32:46 PM | Last Updated: 9/19/2012 8:50:47 PM
WASHINGTON – U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita today announced that Friday, Nov. 2, is the deadline for military service academy applicants to request a nomination from his office.
“It’s a great privilege to be able to nominate some of our most outstanding young leaders to our nation’s service academies,” said Rokita. “My staff and I want to be as helpful as possible in this process, and I encourage interested applicants to contact my office with any questions.”
Each applicant for a nomination must meet the following eligibility requirements as of July 1st of the year of admission to an academy:
- Age: Must be at least 17 years old, but not have passed the 23rd birthday
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen
- Marital Status: Must be unmarried, not pregnant, and without legal obligation to support children or other dependents
- Residence: Must reside within boundaries of the 4th Congressional District of Indiana
- Skill / Fitness: Must meet medical, physical, and academic requirements of the academy
Applicants are required to submit a signed application form (available here), current photo, high school transcript, American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results, resume of extracurricular activities, an essay stating why they want to attend a service academy (500 words or less), and a minimum of three letters of recommendation.
For additional information, contact Rokita’s Danville office at 317-718-0404 or visit the Military Academy Nominations FAQ page on Rokita’s website.