First Posted: 9/19/2011 8:59:53 AM | Last Updated: 9/19/2011 9:00:40 AM
LAFAYETTE – The Hoosier Heartland Small Business Development Center is hosting a workshop to how to start a business from 1-4:30 p.m. at the Greater Lafayette Commerce, 337 Columbia St. on Wednesday, Sept. 21.
Registration deadline is 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 20. The cost is $25 and registration can be done online at http://tinyurl.com/3rghr29 .
Starting a business involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities. The Hoosier Heartland Small Business Development Center is pleased to be hosting a seminar for anyone interested in starting their own business.
Our advisor along with a local banker, attorney, accountant and insurance agent, will provide an overview of what it takes to start your own business. There will be time to answer your questions about licensing, permits, record keeping, marketing, planning and more.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
* Obtain Licenses and Permits
* Register Your Business Name and Acquire a Tax ID Number
* Understand the Legal issues of Owning Your Own Business
* Evaluate the types of insurance that your business will need
* Identify sources of potential funding for your business
* Effectively market your new venture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
* Entrepreneurs wanting to start their own business
* New businesses
If you have problems registering or questions about the seminar, please contact the SBDC by calling 1-866-961-7273.