First Posted: 11/4/2011 8:28:46 AM | Last Updated: 11/4/2011 8:29:54 AM
LAFAYETTE – The Tippecanoe County Military Resource Network and the Military Family Research Institute at Purdue University are coordinating a Military and Veterans Appreciation Week to honor our Veterans, Active Duty, National Guard, and Reservists who serve our nation.
Series of Events for Military Appreciation Week:
· November 5, 2011: STAND DOWN for Homelessness at Central Presbyterian Church - 31 N 7th Street, Lafayette, IN.
· November 6, 2011: Tippecanoe county churches recognize Veterans, Military members and family members in their congregations.
· November 7 - 8, 2011: Tours of the Lafayette Armory from 10 am - 3 pm [Contact Kim at 447-0759]
· November 8, 2011: Military Family Skate Night at Great Skates - Free with military ID
· November 9, 2011: Tippecanoe Mall display and special Military Appreciation Day
· November 10, 2011: Downtown businesses special Military Appreciation Day
· November 11, 2011: VETERAN'S DAY. Indiana Veteran's Home program - music at 1:00 pm, program begins at 1:30 pm.
· November 12, 2011: Closing ceremonies starting at 3 pm at East Side Assembly of God Church - 6121 East 50 South, Lafayette, IN
For more information on the week’s events, visit www.lafayetteredcross.org , email email@example.com or call 765-496-3403.
About the American Red Cross: The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies nearly half of the nation's blood; teaches lifesaving skills; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a charitable organization — not a government agency — and depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit www.lafayetteredcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org .