First Posted: 10/6/2009 9:05:56 PM | Last Updated: 10/7/2009 3:31:46 PM
LAFAYETTE -- The St. Elizabeth Hospice and Kathryn Weil Center for Education will host “Exploring and Expressing Grief” conference from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31.
The conference will begin at 8 a.m. with registration and followed by the 9 a.m. keynote presentation of “Grief and the Holidays” by Melissa Nelson, R.N., MSW.
Morning discussion sessions include:
• “Orphaned Adults – Nobody’s Child Anymore” by the Rev. Denise Frank.
• “After You’ve Lost Your Spouse” by Janet VanBuskirk, R.N., and Melissa Nelson, R.N., MSW.
• “When Your Child Dies” by Marcy Wastl, chapter leader of The Compassionate Friends.
• “Understanding Grief: What is Normal Grief?” by Bev Hardesty, director of Hippensteel Grief Center.
• “Supporting the Grieving Child” by Cyndy Yoder of Hippensteel Funeral Service.
• “Sharing Spiritual Stories – Sharing and Learning How Faith Experiences Can Strengthen Us in Death and Grief” by the Rev. Nancy S. Eberhard, bereavement coordinator at St. Elizabeth Hospice.
Afternoon activity sessions include:
• Writing with Kathy Mayer, owner of Kathy Mayer Writing.
• Collage with Christina Ruggiero, artist
• Music and Grief – Experiencing in Listening with Sharon Boyle, M.M., MT-BC, of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
The Kathryn Weil Center for Education is located on the fourth floor of the Medical Arts Building, 415 N. 26th St., on the campus of Home Hospital.
Cost for this event is $20 and includes lunch. Registration is required. To register, please call the Kathryn Weil Center for Education at (765) 449-5133.
For additional information on the speakers, please visit www.ste.org/grief.